Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fiona's Anniversary

It's that other day, the one without the cake and candles.



Dear Fiona,

It's been eight years. We've now had your little brother longer than we had you.

You know he still doesn't talk. Sometimes I'll find him looking at your pictures, and he'll tap on them until I say, "Fiona. That's your sister Fiona."

Sometimes I go strolling with him around the house, and we look at family pictures. I'll ask him, "Where's Fiona?" and he taps on your picture.

He was three years old when you left us, and we have no idea how much he remembers about you, or if he remembers anything at all.

But he does know who you are.

The rest of us--your dad, your older brother, and I--still remember. Oh, how we love to remember!

And we still miss you.

We love you, Bunny Buttons!

2 comments:

Phyllis J. Towzey said...

Sometimes the unfairness of life is simply incomprehensible.

Hugs to you and your family.

Vicki said...

Fiona, I know you're so proud of your family as you keep watch over them. It doesn't seem fair for you to be the one watching and not running around playing with dolls and being girly.

Even though I know you already know this, I wanted to tell you that you have the most wonderful special mom a girl could ever have.

Karen, hugs to you and your family. Missing someone so preicous never goes away, but she is watching over you and smiles.